Thursday, August 28, 2008

Daddy Day Care

Today my wife Susan went to meet up with a long lost friend that she has been trying to track down ever since she moved back to the states after living in Australia for fifteen years. So I gladly volunteered to watch Leah, our almost 15-month-old daughter. She is it that stage of her life that the world is new an exciting. Every turn down a street in the stroller yields a visual treat for her. She is in the habit now of pointing at things and wanting us to name it. Usually it is easy. Tree. Car. Dog. Person. But when when are at loss for worlds, we both just say "world." I know, we are taking the easy way out, for now. Anyway, I took her to a local coffee shop. I got to have coffee and a cinnamon roll. She still has no clue about sweets. She had some wonderful healthy bread, but I had to eat a small piece of it to prove to her that is was not either poison or broccoli. Evil trick by dad. "What is this you ask? It is sweet bread. You know, a thymus gland. Okay, you are not buying that one? I call world!"

No comments: