Friday, January 30, 2009

It Never Rains in California......Right!

It always seems that when my parents from Los Angeles fly up to Portland, Oregon, to visit me, it never rains here. However, lately it seems that every time I go to Los Angeles for work or family visits, the rain follows me like a lost puppy. So last weekend I had the pleasure to work in L.A. on a two-day shoot for Nike football. Now I must say that the second day of the shoot brought a mixture of sun and clouds, but no rain. But the first day was something completely different. We had a good five-hour delay while we waited for the drenching rain to stop, which it finally did. But a good crew can make the time go by fast. So hence the following images of a few digital techs and assistants passing the time with a little game of smash ball. On a side note, Nike decided to hire two photographers for the shoot. Of course I was one of them, however, I had the extreme pleasure of working alongside sports photographer extraordinaire, Donald Miralle. If you have never seen his work, click on his name in this post to see his site. I really admire his work, and I think you will too.


Digital tech Kyle Alexander looks for any signs of blue sky.

Assistant Ryan Miller passes the time by taking a little stroll
over to catering for some cool treats and hot eats.

Fellow photographer Donald Miralle decides to patiently
wait out the rain under the tents setup for the digital techs.

Assistant Collin Erie says let the games begin.

Dustin Edwards, digital tech, returns serve from Collin.

Collin Erie takes smash ball to new heights.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Looks like you're bringing the rain down again this weekend. Forcast shows rain from Thursday through next week. I love it! Wish you could come down more. I'm really looking forward to seeing you, Susan and Leah! Travel safely and see you soon.

Ty said...

Watch out! Rain in southern California is the same as snow and ice in Portland. Nice blog, and nice update to your website.

-Ty Frey